Thank you for you interest in the Early Childhood Development Program at Little Scholars Learning Center. We recognize how important your task is in identifying the most beneficial "early school" experience for your child. Much has been written to indicate that enjoyable and stimulating learning experience so that it may have a positive effect on a child's attitude toward his/her future school years.
Our teaching philosophies are to "Love-Care-Teach". This approach utilizes the curiosity young children possess. By providing each child with opportunities to exercise their curiosity, we will contribute to their total awareness of themselves, their peers, and their world.
We will not duplicate the regular school program, but will have our own curriculum with activites geared toward developingyour child's intellectual, social, emotional and physical being. In order to confront all challenges in early development years, he/she must develop sensory-motor skills. We firmly believe that proper instruction in senory-motor activities is necessary for future learning success. The whole body system must be developed before a child has the ability to achieve academically in the areas of reading and language arts.
The experiences at Little Scholars Learning Center are aimed at achieving the following objectives:
1) Development of social skills
2) Development of positive self image
3) Development of sensory-motor skills
4) Development and encouraging intellectual curiosity
5) Development of self-dependence and responsibility
6) Development of listening and communication skills
7) Identifying and developing means of creative expression
8) Developing an initial understanding of art, music, and literature